Basic rules for wearing braces
Do you have an occasion soon where you want to wear braces? Then we would like to inform you about some basic rules for wearing braces. That way, you can be sure not to make a fashion blunder.
Do's & Dont's braces
When wearing braces, a few things are important to know. What do you do and what don't you do? In other words, the do's and dont's when it comes to wearing braces. The rules below are based on general fashion guidelines.
Do's for wearing braces
In other words, what can and can't be done if you choose to wear braces.
- Match your braces to your outfit. Choose a pair of braces that matches the colour of your shirt and other clothing accessories.
- Wear braces that are appropriate for the type of trousers you wear. Are you wearing casual trousers with belt loops? Then choose braces with clips or hooks. Are you wearing trousers without belt loops? Then make sure you choose braces with leather loops that are attached to buttons on the inside of your waistband.
- Ensure a good fit. Wear braces that are suitable for your build and height. Braces should hold up your trousers nicely, without pulling them up.
- Your personal style may be expressed when wearing braces. So, dare to combine different patterns and colours without breaking the basic rules.
Dont's for wearing braces
Here are some basic rules. What better not to do when wearing braces:
- Never wear braces together with a belt. Both have the same function and that is to keep your trousers up. So, wearing a belt and braces together is a real fashion statement.
- Never wear braces too loose. After all, they do need to fulfil a function; keeping your trousers up. Even if you wear braces to complete the look of your outfit, they need to keep the trousers up. So, make sure they fit well around your body.
- Don't pair braces with trousers that are too short. If the legs of your trousers stop above the ankle, opt for an accessory other than a pair of braces. This is because braces will pull your trousers up a little further, which does not give the best results.
What else you need to know about wearing braces
Ultimately, of course, it is important that you feel comfortable wearing braces. If you pick a pair of braces and keep in mind the basic rules, you can wear a pair of braces with peace of mind. Above all, choose braces that suit your personal style.